Jeffrey R. Taylor, M.D.
- I treat children from birth to college with special interest in infants, development, asthma, and sports medicine.
- July 2001- Private practice pediatrics in Costa Mesa, CA. Mix of PPO and Greater Newport Physician IPA patients. Mostly office pediatrics, with ample inpatient and newborn care.
- July 2001- Active Staff Hoag Hospital, Department of Pediatrics
- July 2001- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics
- July 2001- Member CAP-MPT
- July 1998-Pediatric Residency at University of California, Irvine
- 2001-Orange, California
- Sept. 1993-M.D. University of California, San Diego.
- June 1998-La Jolla, California
- Sept. 1989- B.S. University of California, San Diego.
- June1993-La Jolla, California
Appointments and Organizations
- 2012 –present - Chairman, Department of Pediatrics, Hoag Hospital
- 2010-2012 - Vice Chairman, Department of Pediatrics, Hoag Hospital
- 2008-present - Member, Leadership Committee, Greater Newport Physicians
- 2007-present - Member Pediatric Core Committee
- 2000-01 - Pediatric Chief Resident (Third Year)
- 1999-01 - Resident Representative to UCIMC Medical Executive Committee
- 1996 - Medical Staff Volunteer at 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, GA
- 1990-95 - Volunteer with Special Olympics
- 2012 - Top Performance Award, Greater Newport Physicians
- 2012 - Leadership Award, Greater Newport Physicians
- 2011 - Pediatrician of the Year, Greater Newport Physicians
- 1993 - Phi Beta Kappa
- 1993 - Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- 1993 - UCSD Athlete of the Year
- 1993 - All-American Track and Field
- 1992 - All-American Track and Field
- Jalili, M; Taylor, JR. "Efficacy of CT scans in pediatric minor closed head injury." (manuscript in preparations for submission to Pediatrics)
- Taylor, JR; Pahl, M; Rajpoot, D. "Hypertensive Encephalopathy in a 14 year old male receiving Erythropoetin." pending publication in Journal of Pediatrics.
- Taylor, JR; Bracker, MD; Palinkas, LA; et al. "Retrospective Comparison of Collegiate Football Knee Injuries on Natural and Artificial Surfaces 1990-1995." Submitted to Clin Jo Sports Med.
- Richmond, JC; Mintzer, CM; Taylor, JR. “Meniscal Repair in the Pediatric and Adolescent Population.” Presented at the annual meeting of the American Orthopedic Society of Sports Medicine 1997.