- My career objective is to utilize my 30 years of experience as a General Pediatrician to enhance the health, well-being and development of my patients and to educate those around me as well as myself in my field.
June 1998 - Present
PRIVATE PRACTICE, GENERAL PEDIATRICS, HOAG HEALTH CENTER, COSTA MESA, CA
serve as primary care provider for children from birth to young adulthood, which includes well and sick child healthcare, giving immunizations, counselling regarding growth and development, and treatment of both acute and chronic pediatric disease and illness, including certain mental health disorders, such as ADHD, depression and anxiety within limited scope.
February 2000 - January 2015
CRANIOFACIAL TEAM COORDINATOR, STRAMSKI CHILDREN’S DEVELOPMENT CENTER, MILLER CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL, LONG BEACH, CA
Along with my nurse and social worker we referred children with congenital craniofacial conditions, such as cleft lip and palate, craniosynostosis, and other conditions to subspecialists including plastic surgeons, ENTs, dentists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, speech pathologists, audiologists, geneticists, as well as other specialties. In addition, we ran a monthly joint patient clinic in which the team discussed and planned coordination of care and implemented team recommendations. We assisted parents and families in understanding their child’s complex needs as well as facilitated insurance authorizations for the children to achieve optimal treatment in a timely fashion.
February 1992 - February 1998
HOSPITALIST, CHOC CHILDRENS HOSPITAL, ORANGE, CA
I assisted in the care of hospitalized children in the ICU, oncology and inpatient wards of the Children’s Hospital, working with subspecialists, nurses, families and patients. This period served to cement my understanding of a variety of complex and critical care conditions in pediatrics.
July 1986 - June 1989
INTERNISHIP AND RESIDENCY IN GENERAL PEDIATRICS, NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
Aug 1982 - June 1986
DOCTOR OF MEDICINE, DARTMOUTH/BROWN PROGRAM IN MEDICINE
Preclinical training at Dartmouth in Hanover, NH, and clinical training at Brown in Providence RI.
Sept 1977 - June 1981
BA, HARVARD/RADLCIFFE UNIVERSITY, PSYCHOLOGY AND SOCIAL RELATIONS
- Medical assessment of babies, children and young adults through history and physical
- Development of differential diagnosis of presenting symptoms of a broad number of pediatric conditions
- Implement testing for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment as well as developing an effective treatment plan
- Educate patients, parents, families and students
- Procedures, such as circumcision, incision and drainage of abscess, removal or warts and suturing of lacerations
- 2002-present-participate in multiple committees of Greater Newport Physicians IPA including credentialing and primary care committees.
- 2010-2015-elected to the Board of American Academy of Pediatrics, Orange County Chapter.
- 2003-2007-elected Vice- Chairman and then Chairman, Department of Pediatrics, Hoag Hospital Presbyterian Memorial, Newport Beach, CA.
- Greater Newport Physicians, Primary Care Provider of the Year, 2019, 2017, 2000
- Top Doctors of Orange County, Orange Coast Magazine, 2004-2007