CV for Peri Gunay, M.D., F.A.A.P.
- To provide high quality pediatric care, and to contribute positively to my medical community and profession
- 1977-1981-BA Psychology and Social Relations, Harvard/Radcliffe University, Cambridge, MA
- 1982-1986-MD, Dartmouth/Brown Medicine Program, Hanover, NH, Providence, RI
- 1986-1989-Internship and Residency in General Pediatrics, Children’s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Board Certified in General Pediatrics, 1989 to present
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics, 1990 to present
- 1998-present-Private pediatric practice in 5 person group affiliated with Hoag Presbyterian Memorial Hospital: care of newborns, children and adolescents including acute and well care.
- 1999-present-Medical Director of Craniofacial Team, Miller Children’s Hospital, Long Beach, CA: coordination of treatment plans for children with craniofacial conditions.
- 1998-2000-Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, University of California, Irvine Part-time position as inpatient medical attending for pediatric residents.
- 1992-1998-Hospital Based Pediatrician, Children’s Hospital of Orange County Inpatient and outpatient care of pediatric patients with acute and chronic disease.
- 1990-1992-Private practice with Dr. Henry Plantier, Manchester, NH.
- 1989-1990-General Pediatrician, CIGNA staff model HMO, Los Angeles, CA
- September 2010-present-Primary Care Institute Advisory Counsel, Hoag Hospital.
- October 2010-September 2012-Chairman, Department of Pediatrics, Hoag Hospital, Newport Beach, CA
- October 2006-2010-Vice-Chairman, Department of Pediatrics, Hoag Hospital
- October 2004-2006-Chairman, Department of Pediatrics, Hoag Hospital
- October 2009-present-American Academy of Pediatrics, Chapter 4, Member at Large
- 1997-1998-Medical Executive Committee/Pediatric Section Head, CHOC Children’s
- September 2010-present-Primary Care Institute Advisory Counsel, Hoag Hospital
- July 2000-present, Greater Newport Physicians, Credentials Committee
- July 2010-present, Greater Newport Physicians, Primary Care Committee
- 2012 OCMA Physicians of Excellence-feature in Orange Coast Magazine, Jan 2013
- 2012 Greater Newport Physicians-among top performing PCP’s in Quality Measures
- 2005 Stramski Developmental Center Steel Magnolias Award
- 2003 Greater Newport Physicians-Outstanding PCP of the Year
- 2000 Miller Children’s Long Beach-Ambulatory Care Physician of the Year
- Enjoys cooking, watching movies, reading books on tape, and travelling
- 1976 Montreal Olympic Games-represented Turkish National Team through dual citizenship in 3 meter springboard diving.
- 1976 Balkan Games in Rumania-Turkish diving team.
- 1975 Mediterranean Games in Algeria-Turkish diving team